Yay! The five spot again. I’m, like, on a roll or something:)
1. First of all. This week was all kinds of vulnerable, professionally, for me. I sent my manuscript, Flicker, out to Beta Readers. Doing that is like saying, “Here is this thing that is really important to me, will you please rip it to shreds?”
And then not fall apart in the process.
Look, I know: It is good for my book. It is good for me as a writer. It is good for me as a person.
BUT: clicking send on the pdf file still makes me a little (and by a little I mean extremely) vulnerable because WHAT IF EVERYONE HATES IT/THINKS IT’S LAME/JUDGES MY SPELLING AND GRAMMER????
Well, I will tell you what, I will ave to keep working. Harder then ever. And that is a good thing too.
So basically I was hyperventilating the day after I sent it out and then I got a super encouraging email from one of the readers and was like, okay. Even if 95% hate it, I still got 5% here, and that is enough for me to get through today.
My skin is growing thicker, I tell you. That is good too.
2. Lincoln is a full on reader now. It is so awesome. He is all about Dr. Seuss and Fly Guy. I like his taste. I mean, Fly Guy is funny!
3. I spent a million hours in the yard this work. I hate it. In my IG photo I hash tagged, #thisdoesnothingformysoul. It basically sums it up. I sooo wish I was one of those people who was really into getting my hands in the soil. But no. It is something I do only because we are the ghetto house on the block and I need to not be that person. I do care about my image on some level. I am a person.
The whole time I was in the yard I was dreaming, longingly, of this newly checked out stack in my house:
I know. It is sooo sad to ignore beautiful books like those.
4. I got this super wonderful bar of soap in the mail this week from a friend. I LOVE IT. And so do my dreadlocks!!! If you are a reader with dreads, and have heard me talk about my Baking Soda and ACV wash, I have changed my ways in just one wash. Swoonworthy, I swear.
5. Look at my sweet new apron from my sister!
I got one from the same company from my Pop’s for Christmas — I love wearing it as a catch-all purse!
Okay, I hope you have a fabulous weekend friends! I still have some writing goals to meet for the week, so I’m hunkering down tomorrow to type (must make it happen!)! I hope you have lots of fun in store for yourself, also.
Oh, also, BIG BLOG SHOUT OUT TO ANNA AND KRISTY FOR COMMENTING WITH THEIR FIVE SPOT’S LAST WEEK. XOXOXOXOXO