Happy Friday friends! I am feeling extra cheery today and I think it may have a little something to do with the sunshine! It feels good to slip on sandals and keep the back door open. I admit the week feels pretty sweet already, after finishing my major goal yesterday, and I bought a bottle of champagne to toast that tonight on my weekly date-night-at-home.I apologize if any of you have seen these photos via instagram. I just love that little app. It’s like a mini-dose of facebook, but much prettier. It is social media I am down with. And I figure if you did see any of these photos there, it was like a preview to a movie. Not that this 5 spot is a feature film, but you know what I mean:)
1. Moses is rereading, for the third time, Harry Potter 1-4. He is gearing up to read #5, which is his ‘ending 2nd grade’ present. I was a little leery of letting him read the later books in the series, but he has proven himself knowledgable in all things wizard-ly. His prompt in his writing journal yesterday was a list of all the characters with a sentence of what they were like, “Hagrid: half giant, Care for Magical Animals teacher in Harry’s third year.” I figure he can go for it.
2. Birch Box #2 Arrived! It was as fun as the first. Check out those amazing band-aids! Love! Also, my friend and I were discussing other subscription services. There are so many awesome ones! I want to sign up for the m all! Here is an awesome post someone created linking a bunch of club of the month options. Which ones are you drooling over?
3. I am still apart of a monthly writing group that meets in my county. I found it through meetup.com. This week before the meeting I had a chance to sit down and work on some critiques for the group. It is such an honor to be a part of that process. I see that I am growing as a writer because I am surrounding myself with other writers. I challenge anyone reading this that if there is some area you want to grow in, seek out people who are like minded and learn from them. It is an amazing thing to be in a room with other individuals who are trying to carve out time in their lives to fuel their soul just like you. It is powerful and fun and will make you smile more, I promise.
4. Here is a snapshot of my living room. This is for you Amy:)
5. I also wanted to show you friends the papers taped to the wall above my computer. They are little images I see each time I walk by that make me happier. The words inspire. I want some version of these words for my next tattoo.
Okay. I need to go clean my kitchen. You can be happy I spared you from a snap shot of that catastrophe.
Go have a happy weekend.